Hi,

2008/11/17 Dotan Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Can Gimp increase the DPI of a PSD file without affecting the physical
> dimensions of the image? We have a wedding invitation in PSD that is
> 72 DPI and the printer needs 300 DPI. Thanks in advance.
You need to scale your image up to 300/72 (~416.6%) of it's current
size as well as setting DPI to 300.

To understand why, you need to realize that your original question is
like asking 'How can I make this small while keeping it big?' -- DPI
is literally  how many pixels are printed per inch. Less pixels in the
source image == less physical size.

David