D.Jones (aka) Capnhud wrote:
>         (colors (+ segments (if (= inSmooth TRUE) 1 0)))
[snip]
>       (while (< counter segments)
>           (gimp-gradient-segment-set-left-color theGradient counter (car
> (gimp-image-pick-color img inLayer counter 0 FALSE FALSE 0)) 100)
>           (gimp-gradient-segment-set-right-color theGradient counter (car
> (gimp-image-pick-color img inLayer (+ counter (if (= inSmooth TRUE) 1 0)) 0
> FALSE FALSE 0)) 100)
>               (set! counter (+ counter 1))
>       )
[snip]
> what is the correct type for argument 3?

The procedure database indicates that a FLOAT (ie. a numerical value) is
expected for argument 3 of gimp-image-pick-color. Your problem is due to
invalid use of the "=" operator in the two if statements shown above.

Your code has "(if (= inSmooth TRUE) 1 0)" where in Smooth is a boolean value
provided by the SF-TOGGLE. The "=" operator is for use when comparing numbers,
not booleans. Since inSmooth is a boolean, change your if statement to read
        (if inSmooth 1 0)

--
Cheers!

Kevin.