Hi Dave,

Owen wrote:
>> I am running Ubuntu Linux v8.04.  I love Gimp 2.6 on Windows, but am
>> using
>> only version 2.4.5 on Ubuntu.
>>
>> How do I upgrade to v 2.6.x of Gimp on Ubuntu?
>

> I don't think you are going to be able to do this.
>
> To do so requires a number of updated libraries, glib,gtk, babl and
> gegl are 4 off the top of my head and I am pretty sure the 8.04
> repositories wont hold these.
>
> You can do it by building your own libraries from the sources, but I
> guess you don't want to do that

As an afterthought to my private email, I think I agree with that.
There are simply too many additional libraries to update, not just
'gimp-data' and 'libgimp'. I only kept my /home partition from Ubuntu
8.04 and did a complete new install of Ubuntu 8.10.

HTH,

Claus

--
Claus Cyrny : Webdesign |  Grafik | Fotografie
:: Web: http://home.arcor.de/ccyrny/ ::.