Martin Nordholts wrote:
> peter kostov wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> done that already. Nothing from the previous installation in my home
>> dir has left, even the .gimp-2.6 folder :)
>>
>> The error messages I get are showing clearly a problem with glib, I
>> think, but my knowledge is limited :(
>>
>> Thanks again, Peter
>
> The problem is unlikely to be in GLib, it's just that GLib is used to
> output the errors.
>
> Please install debugging symbols and run with --g-fatal-warnings and
> report back with a stack trace of exactly where things are reported to
> go wrong.
>
> - Martin

Recompiled GIMP with 'debug' option. When I run

gimp --g-fatal-warnings

In the moment I select anything from the drop down list in 'Gegl
operation' GIMP crashes with these messages and nothing more:

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: type name `GimpGeglTool-gegl:box-blur-config'
contains invalid characters
aborting...
gimp: terminated: Aborted

(script-fu:1776): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: gimp_wire_read(): error

Peter