Hi there everyone,

Quite a while ago, I used a tutorial on GUG for fading an image to
transparency, which I wanted to use as the top of a web page background.  For
clarification, you can look here at the image:

http://personal.schwim.net/images/share/snowflake_background.jpg

I'm trying to do the same thing now, but with grass to green.  The problem
I'm having is that I can't remember how I did it and GUG went the way of the
spam farm :)

I remember it was two layers, one with transforming black to transparent at
the midline, using gaussian(I think) blur to soften the line of transormation
and then overlaying, but I can't remember the details enough to reproduce it.

Does someone know of an alternate location for the tutorial that I need or
maybe more detailed instructions leading to the same end?

Thanks a bunch for any light you can shed.

thanks,
json

--
json