On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 10:16 -0400, Jay Smith wrote:
> I posted a similar question a few days ago and got no from the
> group/list.  My question was about the various defaults in the dialog
> "Image, Canvas Size".
>
> Is there a way to control _all_ these various defaults?  I can't find an
> 'rc' file or anything in Preferences that does this.

It's possible you got no answer because

a) if it is possible, no one knew how to do it
b) it isn't possible.

Either way, no one was able to help.  Such is life on a mailing list.
In my case, I simply don't read every message to the list.

There are quite a few rc files under the .gimp-2.6 user directory.  The
gimprc file suggests the global /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc has options you can
override.  One of these is snap-distance.  Setting it to 0 might
simulate removing snap to grid though it may not turn it off.  You might
also try -1, which is often used to disable an integer value that can
start at 0.

I've not tried this since I don't need it.  You'll just have to
experiment.

I don't believe there is any configurable data saved for the
Image->Canvas Size dialog, which means you wouldn't be able to set this
in an rc file.  I could be wrong, however.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org