Gary Collins wrote:

> For me, one of the greatest hindrances to migrating to GIMP is its
> inability to handle layered TIFF files. I have a large number of such
> files, with zip compression, and I really don't wan't to have to
> change this format, because for one thing my preferred picture viewer
> can handle layered TIFF files but can't handle GIMP format (at least,
> not yet. I have put in a request to the author and it is possible that
> in future this capability may be added) and for another thing, TIFF
> with zip compression seems to provide the most compact lossless format
> for layered files. Any chance that the ability to load/save layered
> TIFF files (with zip compression) might appear in a future version of
> GIMP?

 I tried various methods to convert a multi-layered TIFF I created using
Krita, but none of those would open in Gimp. I actually converted the
TIFF to PSD using ImageMagick, but Gimp complained about an unknown
compression type in layers.

You may want to try this TIFF specific mailing list:

Maybe you can get a hint there on how to go about converting
your images.

HTH,

Claus

--
.:: Claus Cyrny - Webdesign |  Grafik | Fotografie ::.

:: Website: http://home.arcor.de/ccyrny/ ::.
:: Blog: http://grafomatic30.twoday.net/ ::.
:: Photo.net: http://photo.net/photodb/slideshow?folder_id=714471 ::.
:: Saatchi Online: