> Von: norseman <norse...@hughes.net>

> Paul W. wrote:
> > I'm running GIMP 2.6.6 on Vista Home Premium SP1. If I use GIMP normally
> and
> > try to use Colour Tools->Contrast-Brightness GIMP just stops working and
> > crashes. If I run GIMP as administrator then I can use Colour Tools ok.
> >
> > So I guess it is workround.

> Or re-install it for a user (you)
> Or set it for general use.  (I know it can be done, but I don't remember
> how.)  Check Microsoft's Help and probably any one who supports a
> Microsoft office group.

Or try to help the developers by figuring out what exactly is causing these
problems. So far, people who probably could tell this in an instant were rarely
affected by such problems, so it seems to be up to those who are to investigate.

 Using tools like Filemon (or maybe Microsoft's Standard User Analyzer) could
maybe provide some insight.

HTH,
Michael