Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 22:36 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

When I do that, as soon as I finish making the second selection (after
the pan) I loose the first selection.

There's always only one selection. Creating a selection will replace the
current one. That has nothing to do with panning. If you want to add to
an existing selection, then choose the Add mode from the tool options of
the selection tool. Or use the modifier keys (as hinted in the
status-bar).

If you're trying to use the lasso it's frustrating like that, you have to do the whole thing in one complex wack.  If instead you use the path tool you can keep adding the points to the path, edit them when you make a mistake, scroll the image around all you want, and then when you have it perfect convert the path the a selection.  I think it's MUCH easier than the lasso.  Here's a great tutorial on this, http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/courses/2005-March/001821.html.

Patrick

Sven