Sorry, I earlier forgot to change the subject. Please find the earlier
message below - but it's not related to Gimp and Windows/MS-Office
specific:

On 8/22/09, gimp-user-requ...@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
<gimp-user-requ...@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 05:52:36 +0300
> From: "M. Bashir Al-Noimi" <mbno...@gmx.com>
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Multi-page TIFF
> I want to know, How I can create multi-page TIFF file.

If you're using Microsoft Office on Microsoft Windows then "Microsoft
Document Imaging" is a package component that installs with Office and
that you can use to create multi-page TIFF files. For example, if you
scan a multi-page document using a scanner with a sheet-feeder then
the scan will result in a multi-page TIFF file. In addition, you can
create multi-page TIFF files yourself using MDI - just create a new
TIFF file and add new pages using the menu/toolbar options. If you
don't see "Microsoft Document Imaging" in your Windows menu then, very
likely, you have not installed this component. In that case, install
Office completely and you'll be able to do what you want.

I have never explored The Gimp for this purpose.

-Asif