I had no clue this morning how to move a guide after initially placing it, so
I was browsing the net for an answer.  I found a blurb about transform mode,
selection vs layer, and, if I remember correctly, transform layer should allow
you to move the guide.  Now, honestly, I don't know if this advice applies to
2.6.7 or some earlier version of Gimp, and didn't personally confirm that it
works, either, as there was another link that took me to the gimp manual where
I found the bit about pressing m to get into 'move' mode which solved my
problem.  But, you might give it a try.  I have another question regarding
guides, but think I'll post a new thread so as not to put yours off-topic.
Good luck.

Caruso

--
Carusoswi (via www.gimpusers.com)