I can't speak to the latest models, but I have an Epson Stylus Photo
R-200 and for scanning an Epson Perfection 4490 Photo, also a lcd
projector.  The printer works with my linux pc which is one of the
reasons for purchasing epson.  I bought all as refurbished, through
whatever is the refurbished link on the website.  Zero problems with any.

The scanner comes with rigs for scanning transparencies and negatives up
to 6x7cm.  I jerryrigged a system to scan my old 4x5" negatives and
transparencies, then assembled in GIMP.

-B

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Standards - you gotta love em with so many to choose from!
Rocket Science - the Art of Managing Distractions