The same pixels in each image has different values.  For
example, what is R:56 G:97 B:0 in Pixelmator is R:54 G:95
B:0 in GIMP.  Yes, I also think that there is a problem
with the color system.  I get the impression that there is
a way to install something into gimp's color management
system that is specific to my camera, but I couldn't find
any concrete info on this online.  Thoughts? -- Felicia

> Felicia
> Could you confirm whether or not it is only the display
> that differ, i.e. does the same pixel in both images
have
> the same RGB values?
> If not, it could mean that your camera uses a different
> colour system than RGB and that there is a difference in
> conversion.
> If the RGB values are the same, it means that both
> programs should print the exact same image but that
there