Hello. How can I reproduce the carved text effect as used on window
title bars in Mac OS X? Here is a screenshot of Mac OS X in use:
http://blandname.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/mac-os-x-1047-server-screenshot.png

Please notice the text "string", which looks a bit carved in.

I could use drop-shadow (make text layer, make path out of it, make
selection out of the path, cut the selection to alpha transparency, add
drop-shadow) but it just doesn't look like what is is in Mac OS X, not
as beautiful. I also tried to use script-fu "layer effects"
<http://registry.gimp.org/node/186> where there is an innerShadow tool.
Doesn't produce nearly perfect image as Mac OS X does. Or did I just
miss the right parameter to do so?

Thanks.