> Does
> tar xvjf gimp-help-2.6.0-html-en.tar.bz2
> do anything for you?

What if this person is not a Linux user and not very fond of doing things on
the command line ?
I guess that if he does not like computer speak he might have downloaded the
wrong help package.

Peter, if you are running GIMP on Windows you could try installing a help
package from this page:
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Kind regards,

Martijn