2010/1/22 BGP <bigsk...@gmail.com>:
> I'm sure you folks are all experts at GIMP but I've found it to be a
> very hard to learn how to use.  But how many hundreds of hours did it
> take you to learn how to use it?
>
> For example- the "tutorials" are mostly out of date and they usually
> tell you to click something that isn't even present in the latest
> version.  What a PAIN.
>

> There has to be an easier way....they has to be.

It didn't take me long at all to become productive in GIMP and I'm
still learning! I'm in no way a professional, I mainly do web design
using GIMP (which can be a pain at sometimes because it doesn't have
layer groups like Photoshop).

Try out different things, click stuff you have no idea about what they
do. At least that's what I did... Tutorials helped me very little.

--
Deniz Dogan