I downloaded gimp the other day and was able to play with it right away.
Overlaying text, smudging, airbrushing images.  A great tool--or so I thought.
Opened it today and could no longer use tools I was using before.  Icons show
up like the smudge tool, but no circle that actually smudges the3 image.  Text
box shows up but no text shows up in the box outline image.  Looked up "stuck"
in the users manual and locked the layer I was working on per instructions (I
think).  Uninstalled/reinstalled Gimp. No change.  Please help
ASAP.  Really don't want to have to buy Photoshop. Thanks

--
jim j. (via www.gimpusers.com)