On 04/03/2010 09:35 AM, Bob Smits wrote:

> I know it's short for Gnu Image Manipulation Program, and that no one intended
> any offense, but until the name is changed this discussion will recur - at
> least once every several months. It's up to you.

You are so out of touch.  Names like this are part of the culture.  If
you don't get how cool it is, then you are not part of the target
audience.  By this I don't mean in any way to offend you, just to say
that to some of us it's obvious how cool this name is, and if to you
it's not, then please understand that there is something you're not
getting.  Don't judge our whole culture.

Patrick