I just downloaded GIMP 2.6.6. I am trying to get some work done in it,
however, any time I try to use a brush, pencil, eraser, pretty much anything,
I just get boxes, spotting, and straight lines. I can not seem to get a
circle. I was going to do some portrait work with this, but I am not able to
if it will only give me boxes. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I
have been using Photoshop, but I wanted to try something different. I know
that this can be fixed, does anyone know how? Please help! Thank you.

--
Kelley (via www.gimpusers.com)