I abhor vivisection. It should at least be curbed. Better, it should be
abolished. I know of no achievement through vivisection, no scientific
discovery, that could not have been obtained without such barbarism and
cruelty. The whole thing is evil.

--Charles Mayo (founder of the Mayo Clinic)

The medical argument for animal testing doesn’t stand up. Even if it did, I
don’t think we should kill other species. We think we’re so much better; I’m
not sure we are. I tell people, “We’ve beaten into submission every animal on
the face of the Earth, so we are the clear winners of whatever battle is going
on between the species. Couldn’t we be generous? I really do think it’s time to
get nice. No need to keep beating up on them. I think we’ve got to show that
we’re kind.

--Paul McCartney