On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM, John Culleton wrote:

> Hey, I may not live that long :<). Krita has had CMYK for
> years. But of course Krita lacks the full feature set of Gimp.
> Maybe some of that Krita code could be lifted for Gimp, just
> as InDesign lifted important features from TeX.

The debate on what ID lifted and what it didn't will never stop, eh?

There seems to be a recently growing trend to solve GIMP's bottlenecks
by introducing external plug-ins that do some fancy stuff and run in
16bpc mode, e.g.:
http://www.mm-log.com/blog/2010-07-09/adaptive-saturation-curve-labcurves

You might like getting Mike to code quick patch-ups, no?

Of course, mating the goat and the wilber would be preferable.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org