> Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:45:11 +0300
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] [Offtopic] Design learning
> From: dotanco...@gmail.com
> To: marchy...@hotmail.com
> CC: for...@gimpusers.com; gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 14:29, Mike Marchywka  wrote:
>> I guess my question is , " does anyone know of tools that can convert
>> images to ASCII characters,
>
> This was the first hit on a google search for "images to ASCII characters":
> http://asciiconvert.com/

Thanks,  I didn't  bother to look but I guess I will try that.
That link doesn't obviously have the ability to download an opensource  command
line utility
but I'll see if others are out there. I think there used to be places that
put picture on T shirts or something by doing this, maybe algorithgms
have gotten betteer now with wavelets LOL.