On Thursday 14 October 2010 18:09:18 ChadBJX wrote:
> >Chad,
> >
> >Can you print _anything_ from Gimp?
> >
> >If you can print a very tiny image, maybe it is a printer memory
> > problem.
> >
> >Sorry, I can't help further.  I don't have Vista and I am sitting
> > here happily emailing from Ubuntu.  ;-)
> >
> >I will have to get Vista soon (for certain software we will be
> > required to use), but I will run that under Vmware on the Ubuntu
> > (as I do with XP, W2K, Win95, and RedHat Linux, and Unixware!).
> >
> >Jay
>
> Hi Jay,
> Thanks for the idea. I was trying to print a fairly large graphic
> file size. Will try a small simple graphic and will also try saving
> as a .jpg instead of Gimp's default format and see if that works
> for me. I'll let you know but it may be a few days until I can get
> back to the forum to let you know. Thanks again.
> I love forums -- You usually get the best answers there.  :)
> Chad

I don't try to use the print capabilities of Gimp, of Inkscape, of
Krita, of Scribus or whatever. It is easier to save a file (PDF
anyone?) and print that file out using e.g., Acrobat Reader.

And now a question. Why are you "upgrading" to the effectively
abandoned product Vista? Would not Windows 7 make more sense?
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/