Hi,
for...@gimpusers.com (2011-02-01 at 2054.11 +0100):
> I often use photoshop to open binary flat files, either 8 or 16 bit
> depth. In photoshop if I select open using photoshop raw format, a
> dialog box pops up asking what the image dimensions are (ie,
> 512x512), the number of channels (ie 1), the bit depth and the byte
> order.
> Is there any way to do this in GIMP, either native or with
> plugins... I dont think that the UFRaw will work as these files do
> not come from a camera-- they are images of satellite imagery that
> are just binary flat files.

GIMP PDB shows file-raw-load & file-raw-save. How to get them to do
something... that is a different question, the "new" file dialog seems
to be missing any reference to raw files. Try showing all file types,
then loading one with a non matching file extension (in old versions
you would be able to pick any file and then force the loader to use,
IIRC). Or maybe use script-fu console to popup the loader options.

GSR