>Where does html/en need to be installed in GIMP file structure, please?

snip

Gimp 2.6 help files, a bit of a PITA.

unpack the archive (I use peazip) and eventually you get down to a folder

/gimp-help-2/html/en/ which contains a whole load of files and an /images folder

this goes in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/

big *but* if you want to call the help files from gimp 2.6.x it probably will
not work.

What I have found to work is:

Install the gimp 2.4 help package from your repo. Check that it works.

Copy all the archive "en" files & the /images to the
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/en directory overwriting anything of the same name.
You end up with a few surplus files but not that many and help (F1) called from
gimp works.

I hope someone has a better solution. Just broke my installation messing around
and to reinstall gimp 2.4 help, then the new files so here is a screen shot.

http://www.imageno.com/fh1pn2dlnu2apic.html

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)