On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Carusoswi <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> . . . so, I'm running Gimp as installed from the ubuntu repositories (Ubuntu
> version 10.10), and I was reading up on the most useful of Gimp plugins, and
> I came upon thie wavelet sharpen plugin.  Sounds great.  The text tells me
> which lib file to install from the Ubuntu Synaptic listing, and I find that
> this lib file is already installed.
>
> Following the instructions, I look for this plugin under Filters-> Enhance ->
> and . . . well, I cannot find it.  I find wavelet denoise, but not wavelet
> sharpen.

Hi Carusoswi,
I suggest you learn to use the Plug-in browser ('Help->Plugin browser'
in the image menu.).. it can help you to find out a number of details
about any given plugin (including, by implication, whether a given
plugin is NOT installed). Try putting in 'wavelet' as a search term;
this will find all the wavelet related plugins.

Personally (I'm running Arch Linux), the distro I am running does not
have a wavelet-sharpen package. I have the denoise and decompose
plugins installed, only, with regard to wavelet stuff.

I'm now downloading the latest wavelet-sharpen plugin from
http://registry.gimp.org/node/9836 ,compiling, and installing it.

Okay, it should show up under Filters->Enhance once you have
successfully installed it.
It works fine for me when I manually install it, so I suspect that either:

a) the Ubuntu package is defective
or
b) you haven't actually installed the right package.

My father runs an ubuntu system, so I checked out the package listings there.
>From what I can see, there is no wavelet sharpen package in the
standard repositories.
What package are you talking about?

David