>I am running gimp-2.6.11 under Fedora 13 and Fedora 14.

>Both show under Filter>Combine the scripts filmstrip and depth merge.

>I haven't added either to my personal files.  I tried looking for the
>relevant .scm files in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts by using grep on
>various strings, and I have been unable to find either script.

>They both show up under Filter>Combine  and the Help>Plug-in Browser
>shows both of them as Filters.

>Where are they?

>How does gimp decide which heading under Filter to use to place
>something?

These are global filters installed with gimp, rather than personal that you may
have chosen to install.

Added to that they are compiled plugins and are in

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/

global scripts are in

/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts/

For scripts 'something.scr' and python plugins 'something.py' open in a text
editor and have a look at the last few lines of the script, this determines
whereabouts in the menu they reside.

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)