On 02/25/2011 01:55 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
> On 02/25/2011 06:13 PM, Burnie West wrote:

>>> Put guides where you want the strips borders to be and use
>>> Image/Transform/Guillotine that will create N images (you still have to
>>> save each by hand).
>>>
>> Inkscape is an ideal tool for dividing images into multiple pieces. This
>> would
>> be done from the command line with a script. It might particularly well
>> handle
>> your case if you have several images, all the same size, and the strip
>> width(s)
>> in pixels can be calculated.
> Aren't you confusing Inkscape and ImageMagick here? Because I would also
> recommend ImageMagick if this were to be scripted.
Actually not - I've used inkscape this way a fair amount; I have not used
ImageMagick; I have no doubt it would work as well.

As an example, I have a one-line script that cuts a specific block out of a
large number of images:

for it in `ls *.png`; do inkscape -f $it -a 267:53:1156:582 -e charts/$it; done

the four numbers separated by colons are the lower right and upper left corners
of the image