I am using Gimp version 2.6.11 under Mac OS X version 10.4.11.

I am having a problem that is driving me to distraction: When I close
a file and open it again, it is impossible to edit the text. Please
note that before saving the file, I have no problems editing the
text--so I have already passed hurdle.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a word or two, but I am in a
situation where I will have to delete several paragraphs of text and
re-type them in order to fix a small typo. With my typing skills, it
is likely that I will make another typo in the process. And, of
course, I don't remember what font I was using, or the type size,
etc. etc.

Any suggestions and explanations would be welcomed.