My point is Google has a hired staff to put engineers on Gimp full time. The
developers are good people buy do not have the resources to work on Gimp full
time. I understand that. Google will get the  16-bit per channel and other
features up to snuff.

Google will "not dictate" the direction of Gimp. They will only help with what
the developers want.

Google already has full time engineers working on Ubuntu and Libreoffice and
tons of other open source projects.

--
billn (via gimpusers.com)