I have come across this rather nasty website: "gimp.us.com" which appears to
offer GIMP bundled with a bunch of horrible adware when you use their
installer. The website looks like it's official, and they even tell you about
all the adware it will install, they also claim that GIMP is "advertiser
supported" which is why they can offer it for free, but is this legal? Can
something be done? Aren't they breaking the GNU licence? I fear, if not
challenged, websites like this will ruin the reputation of GIMP. I have come
across quite a few people who have used this site to install GIMP, thinking it
is an official download, and then found their computer compromised.

--
bktheman34 (via gimpusers.com)