Hi all.

I'm using gimp 2.6.10 on ubuntu 10.10. I have a layered psd that has been
edited using a CMYK colour profile. I'd like to open it. When I try, gimp gives
me the error:

Error loading PSD file: Unsupported color mode: CMYK

Googling around gets me some interesting solutions. One is to use imagemagicks
'convert' to create each layer as a png. When I tried this, I got a whole bunch
of generically named layers. Most of the conversions had failed, resulting in
transparent png's with no content.

I found this thread, nearly three years old, on ubuntuforums:

One of the solutions proposed in it is to use a seperation filter that that has
been created as a plugin. I found the homepage for such a plugin. It had a
warning that the plugin should not be used, with a broken link to a better one
to use.

I also found this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CMYK_support_in_The_GIMP#CMYK_color_and_The_GIMP

This provides some information on the issue, and a link to a plugin package to
help remedy. However, the plugin is about four years old.

Is this a solved problem yet? Is it possible to open CMYK psd's in gimp?
Thanks.

--
bobdobbs (via gimpusers.com)