Hi!

I'm still working on my gimp-perl script for translating
Blackbox themes to fvwm2 themes, and it's almost done. One
more thing I need to do, is to find the pixel size of a given
font name. There are several forms that can be used eg:

-*-fixed-bold-r-*-*-* etc.... or:
lucidasans-10

or some other types.

So what I need to do, is to find out how high the letters will
become on the screen, in pixels. Is there some function in
gimp that will give this information?

I tried gimp_text_get_extents_fontname, but there, you have to
give the fontname AND the number of pixels in addition to the
fontname, which I don't understand. How does this work?

All help is welcome

regards,

Jos.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]