Hi ,

I'm interested in the functions of freetype. I tried the test-programs
and it works all very nice.

Only: I don't understand how to use it eg with Gimp in the dayly work.

Well, I found in /usr/doc/packages/freetype  a huge mountain of english
texts, but since me, my machine and my gimp are speaking german, all
this texts are just confusing (it's simply too much).

Would somebody give me some hints, how for example to insert the word
"TEXT" (antialiased,arial,18pt,r,normal) in a jpg-image ?

I've SuSE-Linux 6.4, xfstt installed, gimp 1.1.20

I would be glad about some help.

Hago