The dual processor part is handled in the kernel.  I have a dual PII
266 Mhz which I am very happy with.  Linux does a great job handling the
two processors equally.  I have done tests and my dual PII 266 goes
about as fast as a PII 450 Mhz single.  Part of that might be because I
am using an IDE drive and a 33 Mhz mother board.  Other than that I have
been very happy with the performance especialy when it comes to doing
graphics manipulation.

--
             Brian Weber
         Computer Consultant