De : Michael K. Nacos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : mardi 23 mai 2000 15:20
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : my magazine project

Hello everybody,

my project is the production of a small school magazine.  I'd like to make
it look good.  Previous versions of the magazine were done in Microsoft Word
(eek!) :-)

It's not the graphics bit that worries me, I don't have much exprerience but
I've read the manual and I like to experiment.

What I'm looking for is ideas on arranging text.  I suppose I could get text
rendered on different layers, then move them about until I get a decent
result.

BUT:  GDyntext doesn't seem to Justify the paragraphs it produces. (I'd like
to get left-aligned text without the jazzy edges of text produced by lines
of variable length)

I've inserted text by means of a PostScript (groff made) file before, but
I've re-installed Linux since and last night it refused to work (file
displayed fine in gv).  Is there potential down this path?

Assuming I solve the problem of rendering text from txt files in a way that
allows me to freely arrange the text on a page, could I then make the edge
of a paragraph wrap around something I've drawn?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanx in advance.

Michael