well i am such a geek that I have multiple computers.
I have 1 mon 1 key and 1 mouse.
When i switch back and forth between x servers
gpm gets all confused about the pointer
(I suspect you are seeing a side effect of that same problem.

My solution...
ctrl-alt-f3
ctrl-alt-f7  (don't move the mouse for a sec)

the first one takes you to a tty terminal
the second one takes you back into x and for some
reason gpm seems to be less confused then ..
that works for me.

Jeff
On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 10:00:48AM +0200, Peter Daum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have a Wacom Intuos tablet in addition to a PS/2
> mouse connected to my machine (Linux 2.2.15, XFree86 3.3.6, Gtk
> 1.2.8, Gimp 1.1.24).
>
> Normally, they live in peaceful coexistence - I can
> alternatively use the mouse or the tablet to move the X pointer.
> As soon as I start Gimp, the mouse becomes unusable. After that,
> the only possibility to revitalize the mouse is to start the X
> server again. The exact configuration for the tablet doesn't seem
> to have any influence - I tried several variations without any
> change.
>
> Is anybody experiencing similar problems? Is this a general
> issue, or am I just doing something wrong? While I love the
> tablet for use with gimp, for other purposes I still prefer the
> regular mouse ...
>
> Regards,
>                Peter
Thanks,
Jeff

| Do not try to cut your own hair.       |
|                       -- Forrest Gump  |
|                       -- Winston Groom |
| Jeff Sheffield                         |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]               |
|  - http://buzzard.kdi.com/jeff/family/ |
|  - http://www.team-linux.com/          |