Hello everybody,

It is very stimulating to hear an alive list.

I use pngs not because of rendering concepts (I am not a graphics pro), but
because I like to belong to a family that is eager to share.
The best things (graphically speaking) of the two pages I have worked on,
were made firstly by hand (my six and a half years old son´s drawing in
http://www.crosswinds.net/~ggce/index.html) and with MS powerpoint
(http://www.crosswinds.net/~educamus/index.html).

However important the rendering might be, one has to consider also the media
in which the graphic work is being published.  I think that internet is a
mixed media in that sense, and textuality is an important part of the whole
value (no painter paints for the blind people, but blind people need to
access pages with graphics too).

If we encompass all the points of view, we can still enjoy with both senses
(rendering and textuality) funny stories like this one heard in a Houston,
Texas airport bar:

"One mature lady fell in love with a youger guy with big muscles and a tatoo
fan himself.  After some time of evergrowing romance, the lady decided to
give her lover a very meaningful birthday present.  The day of the birthday,
she went in a rush to a tatoo parlor (?) almost at closing time to get a low
budgeted and sexy tatoo in both her buttocks.  Could she have some
butterflies for 20 dls ?  No, said the man of the parlor, the butterflies
would take more time than the time left before I close, and, much more
money.  Ok, said the lady, would you be able to put a couple of bees, one in
each buttock, it is a very special present, please.  Ok, said the man, that
is just in time and budget.  The man made the tattoo, the lady went home and
put her pants down and showing her buttocks to her boyfriend and touching
the floor with her hands exclaimed Happy birthday !!.  The boyfriend yelled
with anger:  Who the hell is BoB ?"

Maybe a brighter future is one with all the tools included (one day even the
blind people will enjoy all your beautiful works), and lists as good as
this.  Thanks to everybody.

Gerardo García C.
Tampico, Tamps. México