>What did I wrong? How can I create a showed text stored in a tranparent
>gif where only the Text and the shadow should be visisble.

gif only supports one bit alpha, as you figured out.  If you want a picture
with 256 bit alpha, use png.  Note that support for this on web browsers is
not very good (IE and mozilla support it fine), but it is the only way that
I know of to do it.  Conversly, you could flatten the image and delete just
the background (leaving a light hue around the text), but then why even use
a transparent gif?
-James Smaby