Hi,

Depending on how you installed GIMP you may need to install a 'gimp-nonfree' deb, rpm,
etc.  This is the case for any Debian ( or Debian based ) system.
If you installed from source then it is possible that you do not have the required
libs for gif support on your system.

- Tal

--
| Tal Danzig  [EMAIL PROTECTED] |--| Linux by Libranet            |