I have posted about this in the past, but the problem is still not
solved.  It's not that I need to do screenshots often, but... when I
do, they come up all messed up: some colors are missing, etc.

For an example please refer to http://www.thpoon.com/tmp/screen.jpg
As you can see, the background came out totally black, whereas it's
WindowMaker's default blueish BG.  Also, the Gimp's own window is
quite seriously messed up.  The text in the terminal window is not
visible.  Also, if you look at the second icon down in the top-left
courner, you'll notice a line separating two areas of different
brightness.

I'm using Gimp 1.1.29, but the same thing has been happening with
1.0.X.  The system is Debian 2.2 with stock XFree 3.3.6 IIRC.

Any help greately appreciated!
--
Arcady Genkin
Don't read everything you believe.