On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:49:40AM -0800, Jeff Trefftzs wrote:
> Using Gimp-1.2.0.
>
> I've been trying to upgrade my plug-ins library with
>       kaleidoscope
>       guash
>       gimp-ace
> and running into serious problems.  The configure step
> fails with
>
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.7... yes
> checking for gimptool... /usr/local/bin/gimptool
> checking for GIMP - version >= 1.1.24... no
> *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
> config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GIMP was
> incorrectly installed
> *** or that you have moved GIMP since it was installed. In the
> latter case, you
> *** may want to edit the gimptool script: /usr/local/bin/gimptool
> configure: error: Cannot find GIMP: Is gimptool in path?

Looks like you don't have the GIMP header files.  If you installed from a
binary package rather than from source you need the -dev package.
In Debian it's libgimp1.2-dev.

- Tal

--
|                       Tal Danzig |      Libranet Linux      |

Beneath the rule of men entirely great, the pen is mightier than the sword.
        -- Edward G Bulwer