If we decide to rebuild the registry site from scratch, I think
WordPress would be *much* easier to set up than Drupal or Joomla, and
WordPress has pretty good spam filters via plugins officially sponsored
by Automattic, the company developing. There are a lot of web CMS
applications out there, but WordPress is by far the easiest to use
among the PHP/MySQL stacks, and still pretty versatile for web
development.
Either way, I think the GIMP Plugin Registry provides an important
service. We shouldn't let it fall to the wayside.