First, please let us know what operating system and what version of said
operating system you are using. As for the screenshots, please upload them
to a free image sharing website such as http://imgur.com/ and link the
upload here.

——
Kasim Ahmić

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018, Bill Gill via gimp-web-list <
gimp-web-list@gnome.org> wrote:

> I downloaded GIMP 2.10.4 on 5 JULY and initially used it to edit photos
> with no problems.
>
> But if a new blank file is opened there is a one pixel horizontal line
> across the background white canvas. The location and orientation of the
> line may change if a different size canvas is selected before opening the
> new file.
>
> If the background color is pink, the line is yellow. If cyan, there is no
> line. If black there is no line. I have not tried other colors yet.
>
> If the eraser tool is used to try to eliminate the line, the line instead
> breaks into smaller segments that either appear above or below the original
> line and oriented either horizontally or vertically depending on direction
> the eraser tool is moved. The same thing happens if the pencil or brush
> tool are selected. The line cannot be eliminated.
>
> I also have GIMP 2.8.22. The line does not appear when using it.
>
> I have two screen captures. One shows a line broken after I tried to
> eliminate it, and the other shows a new file that opened with three lines
> on it. I did not add those images to this message because not sure can
> attach images without your prior approval.
>
> Any suggestions what may be my problem?  Thank you, Bill Gill

Sent from my iPhone