> My copy of this has just arrived and I am delighted
> with it. I've only read Geoffrey Treases Maythorne
> books before and this was a particularly good read. I
> read most of it last night and on the train this
> morning. I also looked up the 4 sequels on amazon,
> abe, ebay etc and regretfully decided I will have to
> wait for GGBP to republish them they are a bit beyond
> my means at the moment.

> Heather

It's the first one of his I've read and I ordered it just out of
curiosity. Surprised how much I'm enjoying it - though it's more
Lorna-Hill-without-ponies than Arthur Ransome (the latter being what I
was expecting I think). Could do without the Sir A stuff but love the
way Bill & Susan were concerned to start with that Susan's headmistress
wouldn't let her girls out at lunchtime and it turned out that Bill's
headmaster was the problem.

Am only halfway through, will post again when I've finished it

> Am I allowed to discuss it yet?

IIRC a little while back we finally agreed that with appropriate spoiler
warnings we'd only have embargos on brand new books (like new HP). And
it's lovely to be able to comment on a book while it's still fresh in
your mind

Nicky