Helen asked:
What is it about Dogger? I think I've only read it once, and don't remember
feeling particularly tearful.

It's just a very ordinary kindness of a big sister to her little brother, I don't know why it makes me cry but it does, even after the umpteenth time. Unlike Tig, the end of Outside Over There hasn't caused an tear I don't think.

I think I will just have to accept that I will cry when reading to the children, then. Imagine, though, what I will be like reading the last page of The House at Pooh Corner! (and I don't even LIKE A A Milne!) Let alone the "Daddy, my Daddy" scene in The Railway Children. Or the last page of I Am David.

Oh dear, I'm off again.

Natasha.