Another thing about books and Feng Shui is that the space on a shelf, at the
edge, can be considered a knife...not a good thing thing in Feng Shui.  To help
to manage that energy, books should be lined flush with the edge of a shelf,
not pushed back on the shelf with space between the edge of the shelf and the
books.

That explanation about the stagnant energy from books sort of makes sense, but
I won't part with my books, and don't really have time to do much reading.  So
I will have to regard them as sources of the energy that will fuel many flights
of fancy to worlds of the imagination, created by many different writers...when
the day arrives that I can go to all of those places!  Right now I am so
overwhelmed by my life that I wish I COULD read more, just to escape.