Hi

Looking at my shiny new gitorious I try to figure out what I'd do if
it crashed and burned. Searching google didn't help a lot, gitorious
in combination with any "backup" or "restore" word only returns
gitorious-hosted projects for that purpose..

What I want to know: How do you backup the whole stack?

I could easily drop nightly pulls for each repository on a tape.
I could easily backup the database the same way.

But - is that enough? And how would I reconstruct the environment? The
repositories have cryptic (hashed) names.

The database has overlaps with the filesystem (it contains the ssh
keys, but what happens if the git user's authenticated_keys2 is empty
because I just set the machine up again?) where I can see potential
problems.

I wouldn't know how to import source and wiki content back into
gitorious, without a lot of struggle and cursing. Did anyone something
like that before? Is there a guide out there, that I missed? Any
scripts, experiences, ideas? I'd hope that the gitorious.org service
has something like this in place. How is it done?

Regards,
Ben