I think it may be as simple as you having a too new version of the
stomp gem installed. In my installation script I have the following:

gem install stomp --version=1.1

And also (in case you get more similar errors):

gem install rdiscount --version=1.3.1.1
gem install rmagick --version=2.12.2

//Peter