Well, the problem is that public/javascripts/all.js and
public/stylesheets/all.css are not automatically regenerated if
they already exist. What I currently do when I want to restart
Gitorious after an update is
"rm public/javascripts/all.js public/stylesheets/all.css &
 touch tmp/restart.txt" to make sure the correct javascripts
and stylesheets are used.

//Peter